Our Favorite Memories


Field Trips! 


Going to the amphitheater, it gave me lots of inspiration

My favorite memory is when we went on the field trip to the arboretum, or how ever you spell it. I like all the green.  -Erin

Going to the amphitheater because I love it there. -Lily 


The mini field trip and amphitheater, because we left the cold room and got to walk around.

Going on the field trip around UNC campus is my favorite memory of camp. I loved going outdoors and walking around, seeing the plants, and exploring setting aspects of writing. I really liked writing in a tree.

Going on the field trip to the art museum. Because seeing all the artwork and the cool stuff around campus made for good writing prompts.

My favorite memory of camp was exploring campus with everyone! It was great to walk around and release our energy. :)

Guest Speakers!

 
Donna Washington's stories were truly amazing and really fun to listen to.

My best memory on this camp was when we wrote about scripts and when we met Donna Washington because that was new, and funny time.

Ms. Washington because her stories were very captivating, and her personality was very funny.

Donna Washington's spooky story - the part where everyone jumped!

My favorite part were the guest speakers and presentations on different genres. I likes the guest speakers because they provided lots of interesting stories about writing. I liked the presentation on different genres because I don't normally write genres other than fiction, so it was cool to learn about them.
 
Mrs. Washington's stories, especially the horror story, she was the most interesting guest speaker in my opinion, as he seemed to really love her job and telling stories.

Learning and Writing!


Getting new inspiration to write this summer!

Free write


I liked free write and recess and everything.

Learning how to make zines because i love art and writing so it was the best of both.


My favorite part of camp write UNC was learning about all the different types of writing in minimal time. :)

My favorite moment in camp was all the times Shia LaBeouf played and seagulls and Yuma's presentation. I loved it because it was funny.

I loved free writing time and sharing because I was introduced to the styles of so many other people and saw varied takes and interpretations of the same prompt.
 

The People!



My favorite memory was Dillon. He gave us candy everyday, and was very fun and nice. He got good brains and is a good person. - Colin

Making new friends who also enjoy writing.

Meeting new friends because they're all so cool!


Trick ball with Yuma and playing board games with Yuma. And hanging out with Nzai and Pat. Getting hair braided by Christa

My favorite memory is lunch, because I made new good friends and there was good food and fun games. I also liked worshiping and when people read their pieces.


My favorite memory is watching Purple Group play Sheriffs and Criminals outside! They were having a lot of fun!

When Gilley shoved his whole body into his shirt and walked around like a smashed marshmallow.


Having the time to free write because it let me express myself.
Interacting with Dillon cause it's interesting to watch.
Lunch with friends because we get time to socialize and watch video games.


My favorite memory from camp was getting to hear advice about writing from guest speakers and counselors because I was able to see how they used and incorporated writing into their lives.

The first day because I could meet new people but I still had Abby and Kaylee (my best friends). We got to introduce ourselves.

I loved meeting new people like counselors or my peers. I chose this memory because there's a lot to talk about and it's fun to meet new people!



Here's to another great year!


Comments